Teden Mengi delighted to make his United bow

 Manchester United youth academy product Teden Mengi was thrilled to have made his first-team debut for the club yesterday.

Teden Mengi came off the bench yesterday for Timothy Fosu-Mensah in the 80th minute to make his United debut.  He gave a decent performance for the last 10 mins against LASK. Mengi has been touted to be one of the most talented products in the academy, and it was a matter of time before he made his way into the first team.

He admitted Solskjaer's belief in youth and the rise of Brandon Williams inspired him to fight for a regular spot in the first-team. 

Speaking to MUTV,  he said, "  Of course. Especially, Brandon, because we both play in defense. So when I say him kicking on, it made me even hungrier. It made me think : why can't I do it? Obviously I got my opportunity today."

Mengi also revealed his mum cried with joy for his debut.

" It was a brilliant moment, I loved it, My mum said she was crying- I've already checked my phone! Obviously, it's a great feeling. I'd like to thank everyone that's been around me, supported me, from my family, all my team-mates. Everyone in the first team made it very easy for me. Everyone was very welcoming.

" But the Academy staff as well. Also, I'd like to  thank the manager for giving me the opportunity. But, again, it's just the start. It's down to myself now to keep on kicking on. But yeah, I'm very happy with it."

Congratulations on your first team debut Teden! We expect many great things from you and do make us proud. You have the potential to be a first team regular. Keep your head down, listen,learn, work hard and have patience. You have got a manager who believes in youth, so opportunities will keep poping up and do grab them and stamp your impression on Ole. 

GGMU

Cheers,

Arbab

No comments:

Post a Comment

Manchester City working on Messi signing within Financial Fair Play framework (ESPN)

 Manchester City are reportedly looking into whether it will be possible to sign Barcelona captain Lionel Messi this summer. The Barcelona l...